Area 55 Districts – Alcoholics Anonymous
The basic unit of the A.A. structure is the Group. A group and its neighboring groups form the next larger unit, the District. General Service Representatives (one from each group) attend District Meetings and elect a D.C.M.
The DCM conducts District Meetings and represents the District as a voting member at the Area Assembly.
The Districts form the next larger unit, the Area. There are 17 Districts in Area 55.
- District – 01 – West Toledo, The Old West End, Downtown Toledo
- District – 02 – North Toledo, North River, Point Place
- District – 03 – East Toledo, Rossford, Oregon, Walbridge, Millbury, Northwood, Reno Beach
- District – 04 – West Toledo, Franklin Park, Deveaux, Five Points
- District – 05 – South Toledo
- District – 06 – Sylvania, Temperance, Lambertville, Erie, Ida
- District – 07 – Maumee, Swanton, Metamora, Holland
- District – 08 – Perrysburg, Pemberville, Bowling Green, Waterville, Grand Rapids
- District – 09 – Wauseon, Montpelier, Bryan, Delta, Napoleon
- District – 10 – Woodville, Gibsonburg, Fremont, Bellevue, Vickery, Clyde
- District – 11 – Tiffin, Fostoria, North Baltimore
- District – 12 – Monroe, Flat Rock, Carleton, Dundee, Petersburg, Deerfield
- District – 13 – Ottawa Lake
- District – 14 – Lima, Bluffton
- District – 15 – Defiance, Ottawa, Leipsic, Paulding, Hicksville
- District – 16 – Genoa, Oak Harbor, Port Clinton, Lake Erie Islands
- District – 17 – Findlay, Upper Sandusky, Sycamore
Area 55 District Map
When we early A.A.’s got our first glimmer of how spiritually prideful we could be, we coined this expression: “Don’t try to be a saint by Thursday!” That old-time admonition may look like another of those handy alibis that can excuse us from trying for our best. Yet a closer view reveals just the contrary. This is our A.A. way of warning against pride-blindness, and the imaginary perfections that we do not possess.
<< << << >> >> >>
Only Step One, where we made the 100 per cent admission that we were powerless over alcohol, can be practiced with absolute perfection. The remaining eleven Steps state perfect ideals. They are goals toward which we look, and the measuring sticks by which we estimate our progress.
1. Grapevine, June 1961
2. Twelve and Twelve, Page 68
This webpage last updated on November 10, 2021.