Looking For Work? – Central Office Is Hiring
Position – Backup Secretary (Whenever the Manager or the Assistant Manager is unavailable)
Position – Assistant To The Office Manager (20 hours per week)
Position – Office Manager (20 hours per week)
Qualifications required for employment at Central Office
- Must be an Alcoholic with at least three years of continuous AA sobriety prior to applying for the job, with the most recent year in the Toledo area as an active member of a Area 55 group.
- Must submit written authorization to the committee to conduct any investigation necessary to establish and verify qualifications.
- Should have some service experience, or have served in a similar position involving A.A. procedures.
- Should have a background in general office work; be able to type; and have a working knowledge of computers.
- Should be a competent speaker, and have a good general appearance.
- Should have demonstrated proficiency in working effectively with people new to the A.A. program according to AA principles.
We will be interviewing for the Assistant first.
If interested please contact Central Office at 419-380-9862 as soon as possible.
The Way of Strength
We need not apologize to anyone for depending upon the Creator. We have good reason to disbelieve those who think spirituality is the way of weakness. For us, it is the way of strength. The verdict of the ages is that men of faith seldom lack courage. They trust their God. So we never apologize for our belief in Him. Instead, we try to let Him demonstrate, through us, what He can do.
Alcoholics Anonymous, Page 68
Prayer Under Pressure
Whenever I find myself under acute tensions, I lengthen my daily walks and slowly repeat our Serenity Prayer in rhythm to my steps and breathing. If I feel that my pain has in part been occasioned by others, I try to repeat, “God grant me the serenity to love their best, and never fear their worst.” This benign healing process of repetition, sometimes necessary to persist with for days, has seldom failed to restore me to at least a workable emotional balance and perspective.
Grapevine, March 1962